Creating an ecosystem for innovation entrepreneurship
February 5, 2018
What are the main challenges to face to translate research excellence into a succssessful innovation ecosystem? Paolo Taticchi from Imperial College shows us his point of view
Paolo Taticchi has been invited by Hub Innovazione Trentino on 31 january 2018 to hold a lecture about Research, Innovation and Business at Imperial College (London).
He is an expert with a global standing about business networks, corporate sustainability and performance measurement, so I’ve asked him to show us in few points what are the key factors for a sucsessful innovation ecosystem.
Here follow his five most important points of attention:
1) The macro environment is a starting point: it is made by what the local territory can offer in terms of policies, incentives, infrastructures, talents, presence of research institutions, industries and investors;
2) The presence of academics with an entrepreneurial mindset;
3) Invest in co-location initiatives because proximity “naturally fosters innovation”;
4) Having the right scale is important because Innovation is a kind of “go big or go home” game;
5) Connect with the community worldwide because global digital dimension of an entrepreneurial ecosystem is very important today.