Europaregion Young Researchers Prize
The Tyrol Days 2018, which will be held August 17 through 19 in Alpbach, are dedicated to natural hazards and climate challenges, a critical issue for life, economy and work in the three provinces of the Euregio area.
In recent years, the Tyrol Days of the European Alpbach Forum have become a meeting point and a showcase for the research world based in the Tyrol-Alto Adige-Trentino Euregio.
This year, young researchers from the Euregio Tirolo-Alto Adige Trentino area are invited for the seventh time to submit their scientific work to an exceptional jury chaired by Konrad Bergmeister, former President of the Free University of Bolzano and Director Delegate of BBT SE (Brenner Base Tunnel), that will select the best projects.
The winners will be invited to Alpbach to present their work and discuss personally with important scientists and political representatives.
- 1° Prize: 2.000 Euros
- 2° Prize: 1.000 Euros
- 3° Prize: 500 Euros
- 1°- 6° Prizes: one voucher per person to participate in the European Alpbach Forum 2019
- Category 1: Natural hazards and biodiversity
- Category 2: Natural hazards, governance and communication
- Category 3: Natural hazards and protection measures/actions
Young researchers under 35 years of age (born after August 18, 1983) who are scientifically engaged in the topic “Euregio Tirolo-Alto Adige-Trentino: natural hazards and climate challenges” and:
work for universities and research organizations based in the Europaregion or work for universities and research organizations anywhere else but come from the Europaregion area.
How it works:
- Phase One: Summary submission (in English, max 1 page A4 format) by June 18, 2018.
- Phase Two: The Scientific Committee (jury), comprised of six experts, iwill invite two researchers per category to Phase Three.
- Phase Three: Scientific work abstract submission (in English, max 4 pages in A4 format) by July 23, 2018.
- Presentation and defense of the scientific work in front of the working group of young researchers of the Tyrolean Days in the framework of the Alpbach European Forum, Friday, August 17 2018 from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm (in English). Finalists will be reimbursed for travel expenses as well as two nights accommodation.
The scientific committee will evaluate the works during phase three, taking into consideration the proposed abstract (50% of the final score) as well as the talk and discussion in front of the working group of young researchers (50% of the final score).
Prize giving: Award ceremony of the winner during the Plenary session of the Tyrol Days, August 19, 2018 from 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm.
To apply, write to the following e-mail address:
Segretariato generale del GECT „EUREGIO Tirolo-Alto Adige-Trentino“
Viale Druso 1, I-39100 Bolzano
Tel.: +39 0471 402026