Looking for innovators. Offering equity-free funding for AI Planning technology, software development and use-cases.
Open call #2 for innovators features three different tracks, distinguishing three different kinds of contributions. Track A is mainly of interest for planning experts, while Tracks B and C mostly require more general software development. In track B, we are also looking for additional use-cases, which can potentially be of interest to everyone.
Track A – Planning Technology
Track A is for innovators who want to contribute planning technology to the AIPlan4EU ecosystem.
We seek all kinds of software tool/library/technology related to planning.
Examples include (but are not limited to):
- plan generation tools (e.g. automated planners),
- validation procedures (e.g. plan validators),
- visualisation tools (e.g. plan animators),
- problem transformation utilities (e.g. grounders and compilations).
We are looking for – Innovators (researchers, experts, students,…) and organisations (SMEs, MidCaps, larger companies, universities, research institutions, labs,…)
We offer – Opportunity to make your planning engine more widely accessible and €60.000 for each project, up to 4 projects.
Track B – Integration of New Use-Cases
Track B is intended for a consortium of two partners: one partner will be a use-case provider and the other will typically have expertise in planning and/or software development. Together, they will work in solving a planning use-case, exploiting the capabilities of the unified planning framework.
The use-cases can be from any sector. Examples of integrations include (but are not limited to):
- adding planning capabilities to simulators,
- integration of automated planning in logistics tools,
- visualisation tools,
- translating from existing formalisms/software libraries for decision-making into planning problems and mapping back the results.
We are looking for – A consortium of 2 entities: a use-case owner and a TSB provider (SMEs, MidCaps, larger companies, universities, research institutes, labs,…)
We offer – a funded opportunity to explore the benefits of AI Planning for the use-case owner with €90.000 for the winning consortium.
Track C – Technology-Specific Bridge for Existing Use-Case
Track C is intended for companies, organizations and individuals who have expertise in software development and/or planning and want to integrate an existing use-case with the unified planning framework, a software library developed by the AIPlan4EU project that offers planning-related capabilities in a general and convenient way. The eight participating use-cases were selected in earlier open calls for use-cases:
- Indoor Robot Taxi Planning for a Heterogeneous Vehicle Fleet
- Responding with AI-planning to Disasters
- AI Planning for Integrated Urban Traffic Control
- Learning to Run a Power Network with Planning
- Just-In-Time Bunkering Operations
- Energy-aware Smart Planning for Flexible Assembly Line Systems
- Optimization of Robot’s Operation Purposed for Grass Cutting, Surveillance and Monitoring
- Autonomous Sea Vessel Route Optimization
The funded projects will realise a “Technology-Specific Bridge” (TSB) that connects the technology/software from one of the use-cases with the unified planning framework. Both entities, the TSB provider and the use-case owner, will work together and validate the results.
We are looking for – Innovators (researchers, experts, students,…) and single organisations (SMEs, Mid-Caps, start-ups, spin-off corporates, large companies, research institutes, universities, labs, NGOs, Foundations,…) that can provide a TSB for one of the given use-cases
We offer – €60.000 for each TSB provider
Applications for OC2 will be open until 31 January 2023 at 17:00 CET:
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement Nº10